FileSharing Client FrostWire Brings Improvements
Filed under: Announcements & Events, Downloads, File-Sharing Programs, Networks & Services
While some of his kindred, such as Limewire, have perished along the way, FrostWire, a BitTorrent client (formerly a Gnutella client) has managed not only to survive but improve over the years (actually survival often means improvement) and filesharing users worldwide ow its current version (5.5.1.) to a join work from hundreds of open source and independent developers.
What’s fixed in the newly released version:
• A new Clear Inactive button on transfers has been implemented;
• A new setting has been implemented to use the default system media player instead of FrostWire’s;
• New download Cloud URLs, Torrents and Magnets can be added by entering URLs on the search field;
• Full screen video playback can now be toggled with a double click;
• A cloud download error has been fixed;
• Resizing issues on preview download dialogs have been repaired;
• Mime type guessing is now faster when sharing files on Wi-Fi.
For a complete list of changes and updates go here.